Thursday 24 April 2014

Tonly Moly Cats Wink shiny skin BB cream Review

Haiiii non existent follower ^ ^

This will be my first post on this blog I started a few days ago teeheehee. This is kind of a stupid idea to start this blog during an important time being my last year in high school bit lets see how this goes shall we :) I'm still in the process of learning about makeup and will be forever learning so I hope with other bloggers on here can guide me and learn with me :) so pumped hahaha

Today I'll be reviewing the Tony Moly Cat Wink Bb Cream which I have used for a year and a bit now and suprisingly it hasn't ran out.

I bought this at morning glory store which is like a cute korean store which sells stationary, stuffed toys and other things...haha but they have a section dedicated to Tony Moly in there. It was one of the bb creams on the cheaper end of their range and the lady recommended I use this one, compared to their more expensive ones which were apparently more suited for adults. It is relatively cheap at prices ranging from $10-15 (note AUD).

Product info, on online shop listings:
  • Endorsed by T-ara, the Tony Moly Cats Wink Shiny Skin BB Cream is a BB cream designed to control oil, whiten & brighten, covering dark spots, and protecting the skin from UV rays.
  • Features an SPF 25 PA++
  • Free from talc, artificial dyes, benzophenone, petrolatum, mineral oil
My first impression of the packaging was how cute :3 meow. It's a tube packaging with no dispenser, and it tends to leak onto the lid. WARNING FOR ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO HATE THIS HAHA.  Another thing this Bb cream only accommodates to people with skin on the pale side :(

In contrary to its name 'shiny', it gave me skin a rather powdery and matte finish, despite its liquidy form when it comes out of the tube. What I didn't like about it was sometimes whenever I applied this on, it turns my nose into a desert. My skin type is not even on the dry side. So for me its a must, I apply
moisturizer before hand and also spraying mist afterwards also helps. Compared to most other Bb creams, this one also lack in terms of SPF, with only an SPF of 25PA++. For me, I tend to forget to put on a Sunscreen so this is an important factor for me. Other than that, it was very easy to apply, brightened and whitened my skin like the description said. It also mentioned 'covering dark spots', it covered my lighter freckles but my dark freckles became lighter but were still visible and YES! it doesn't feel oily at all. This Bb is pretty much the epitome of ' a little goes a long way', only a pea sized of it will help me cover my whole face.



As you can see from the before and after it has whitened my skin and reduced the appearance of my lighter freckles

SUMMARY:
PROS

  • Medium Coverage
  • Very cheap
  • Easy to blend
  • Never causes major breakouts 
  • Great coverage
  • Whitens and brightens
  • Didn't make my skin feel oily
CONS:
  • No dispenser - leaks onto lid
  • Highlighted my dry areas (can be fixed by spraying mist afterwards)
  • SPF isn't very high compared to other BB creams

WOULD I RE BUY:
Probably not

RATE:
 3.5/5